(NaturalNews) The grocery aisles have displayed foods for decades that are nutritionally deficient. Poor soil conditions combined with seed engineering and processing have left people with poor choices. Consider these eight superfoods to get the required nutrients for optimal body function.
Aloe vera has 20 minerals, 12 vitamins, 18 amino acids, 200 active plant compounds (phytonutrients), and strong antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties.
Aloe vera benefits include:
• Eases inflammation and arthritic pain
• Heals ulcers and a wide variety of digestive disorders and complications
• Treats candida and parasites
• Reduces heart attacks and strokes
• Helps halt growth of cancer tumors
Bee pollen is a rich source of carotenoids, 22 amino acids, and enzymes. It is a also good source of B-vitamins, vitamin C and E, and over 68 minerals.
Bee pollen benefits include:
• Combats cancer, diabetes, arthritis and depression
• Promotes increased strength, stamina, endurance and energy levels
• Increases concentration and memory
• Improves fertility and enhances sexual activity
• Increases resistance to infections
Maca is a very nutrient-dense superfood and a complete source of amino acids. It also is rich in B-vitamins, vitamins C and E, and is a good source of copper, iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc.
Maca benefits include:
• Improves anaemia
• Reduces chronic fatigue
• Relieves stress and depression
• Improves libido and fertility
• Improves adrenal function
• Strengthens memory